Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination!


Thanks to So Many Books So Little Time, I get to share with you all a little bit about me...via this little Q&A. As part of the process, I also nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers and give them a set of 11 questions.


1. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have so many wonderful memories, so I'll go with a category of favorites. I grew up on Guam. On stormy days (and there were plenty), my mom would make homemade spaghetti sauce and garlic bread. I loved coming in from a cold day (80 is cold over there), and being hit with a wave of "spaghetti night!"
2. Do you gravitate toward certain characters in books?
Oh certainly. I have a type, or several. I love comeback kids. I love being taken on a journey of self-discovery and healing. I'm also a big sucker for a fresh start story since that's me right now...starting over.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Man, you keep making me choose. YA. Okay, I made a decision. Yes, YA...and paranormal romance.

4. Why did you start blogging?
Last year I went to a reading and Q&A by author Marissa Meyer. She mentioned she spent her mornings on her computer chatting with her fans. So before I self-published Soul Walker, I took her actions to heart and created a blog. I wanted a platform to get to know people in the book world, the wonderful readers, bloggers, and writers.
5. When did you start blogging?
Late November 2012.

6. When was the last time you read a good book? What was it called?
I'm often reading a good book because if I'm not enjoying it, I return it to the library. But I recently finished a string of fantastic reads. I started with Easy, then hit Poison Princess, and topped the  marathon off with Pushing the Limits. I hit a slump after that, but I'm rebounding with Bitter Blood (which I'm currently enjoying).

7. List a book that you liked in the comments?
I'll probably list more than one.

8. What was/is your best subject in school?
Math, but not at your level. Jeez.

9. Who's your favorite character in any book?
Another decision! Okay, here goes my three-way-tie. Kinsey Millhone (Sue Grafton's alphabet mystery series)...Mercy Thompson (Patricia Briggs' Mercy series)...Rose Hathaway (Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series-though I'm referring to the Rose in books 1-4)

10. Least favorite book?
This might chap a few hides, so I'll just spit it out. I hated Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. I wish I never read them. When I hear anything about those two books I growl. Oh, I mentioned above that I quit a book if I don't like it, but I kept hoping that the stories would get back on track.

11. Least favorite author?
I guess I have to finish putting the last nail in my coffin with public opinion. I'm not terribly forgiving. So I will not venture Suzanne Collin's way again. I just don't trust her to stay loyal to the creation of her characters. Enough of that. I'll end with saying I very much loved Hunger Games (book and movie).

Now that you're good and marinated in all that is Robyn Jones, let me drown you with more insight.
11 facts about myself:
1. I have two sons, Will and John.
2. The first book I ever wrote will never see the light of day due to the prophetic, crappy fact that the breakup scene at the beginning of the story became my own breakup scene only four months later!
3. I eat all the chocolate surrounding a Kit Kat bar before peeling each individual wafer. (This was not the reason for my breakup)
4. I've been a Tom Cruise fan since Legend.
5. I don't cry when I'm supposed to, and then cry at nothing later.
6. I'm a lefty.
7. I have mild dyslexia. If I try to draw you and I'm not extremely focused, I'll draw the mirror image of you.
8. I was born and raised on Guam.
9. I've been to Australia twice.
10. The first time I ever saw snow (which was my third year of college) I stomped my foot and said, "This doesn't look anything like the cartoon snow!" I was terribly let down.

Now for my nominations and their 11 questions:
anotherworkingmum
Bookdictive Reviews
Broad-Minded Books
Confessions of a Book Lover
Falling Through the Pages
Dear, Restless Reader
Fae Books
Girl in the Woods Reviews
I Have Lived A Thousand Lives
Exploring Young Minds
The Armchair Librarian

I would have loved to nominate PRUF Reads, JC's Book Haven, and Busy Moms Book Reviews, but they wrote reviews for my book and that felt like iffy ground to tread on.

11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite fictional place? Could be a funky bedroom, another planet, another time gets tricky.
2. What inspires you most?
3. Who is your favorite female character on TV or in movies?
4. What is your favorite movie-based-on-a-book?
5. If you had a chance to chat up an author, who would be your pick?
6. How much time do you spend blogging...thinking about it, clicking away, world building on your site?
7. What is your favorite book series beginning to end?
8. What book series ended too soon for you?
9. What book would you most love to see on the big or little screen?
10. What's the right order, books, blogs, girls/boys (romantically), family, pets, kids? Exclude what doesn't pertain to your life.
11. What character would you like to kick into a-whole-nother stratosphere?

 Directions for the nominees:
-Copy and paste the award onto your blog.
-Come up with 11 questions, 11 nominees with less than 200 followers, and 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer my 11 questions.
-Leave a comment on your nominee's blog page telling them about the award.
-Thank your nominator

5 comments:

  1. I was let down by Suzanne Collins too. I'm sorry you were let down by snow! I'm being let down by snow here. We just got snowed on and all 16 inches melted about a week later. And it's only January!

    Thanks for doing this, I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dabin, I ended up loving the snow once I overwrote my childhood fantasies of white balls and huge snowflakes. Funny how some things sneak past all logic and reasoning. We might not get a dumping this whole winter, but we have had some black ice. Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating Dear, Restless Reader!

    I have answered your questions HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly csn't remember you eating your KitKats like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, Shan. Yes, I'm a kitkat freaky muncher!

      Delete