Friday, March 15, 2013

Think Out Loud [1]

Apartment noise! So a bit ago my life took a dramatic left turn. I went from married with two houses, two cars, and two kids to divorced with one tiny apartment, one car, and two kids. The left turn has been hard, but nothing forces you to face the world like redesigning your place in it. That brings me to a new discovery, apartment noise. I LOVE IT! I feel cushioned by civilization. Even the booms from my neighbors' high definition fancy sound system blasting through my walls on the weekends make me smile. So here's to unexpected comforts. Your turn to think out loud. Write about something you don't usually talk about or post on your blog. If you participate in this cool meme, be sure to add your URL to the Linkylink.

7 comments:

  1. I grew up in apartments so that's something that I actually miss. Feeling surrounded and knowing there's someone close by :D I think it's great when you find things you love out of circumstances that you never thought you would.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have guessed muffled voices from some argument below would make me smile, but it's just like you said, it's comforting knowing there's someone close by. Can't wait for your Sidekick Saturday! I'm a caged animal right now with John being sick and rightfully grouchy. Happy Weekend!

      Delete
  2. This was great Robyn! People freak me out, so I have always preferred houses to apartments. That's just me though. LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lived next to people worthy of being freaked out about for sure! Right out of college, there was this one guy who liked to sneak up and stand right behind you. You only knew he was there when you turned around...creepy. I hope more people participate in your meme. It's a cool one!

      Delete
    2. That is creepy! Thanks Robyn!

      Delete
  3. I live in a house closely surrounded by neighbors on all sides, but I still need to feel that there's life outside especially when it's too cold outside to have the front door open and no one is hanging out outside. I leave the T.V. on a lot just to feel connected to others. I don't watch it very much through the week, but that's when I have it on the most since my husband leaves for work at 6:30am and doesn't get home until 8pm. It's just me and the kids.

    If there's a zombie apocalypse, I'd so be the one to go insane first, unless a zombie got to me beforehand! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd go insane if there was a zombie apocalypse for sure. I keep thinking about the scene in 28 Days Later (not exactly zombies, I know) where he lights the candle just to look at the pictures on the fridge. Then BAM! No blaring TV for you or you'll get munched.

      Delete