Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feature and Follow [11] Mother's Day Special!!

Alison Can Read Feature & Follow
This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.
Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers - This week's feature blogs are: Counting in Bookcases and
The Nerd Herd
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
This week's question is: Happy Mother's Day! Who is your favorite mom from fiction?
Any one who hasn't read River Marked, stop reading this post. I don't want to spoil anything for you. Okay, I've done my spoiler alert duty. I'm going with a stepmom.  

In River Marked, Adam and Mercy get married and go on their honeymoon. All hell breaks loose of course. But that doesn't change the fact that Mercy is now a stepmom to Jesse. She's an awesome kid with a super alpha dad and a shitty mother. Mercy bakes homemade cookies, always tells Jesse the truth, and risks everything for her family, even for the ones who want to take a chomp out of her hide. This maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd love to see Adam and Mercy have a baby, for now, Mercy is doing a grand job as a stepmom, especially in Frost Burned, the 7th installment.


23 comments:

  1. I haven't read this but I really want to. I hope it's good. :)

    Followed via GFC

    Christie @ The Shadower's Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Christie. I just stopped by your cool blog. I love it! I look forward to your posts. Percy's mom is a great choice!

      Delete
  2. Interesting choice, I haven't heard of this series :)

    Following via GFC, Bloglovin & Linky

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Amy (and for all the follows). The romance is a slow build through the series, but you get werewolves, witches, vamps, and a coyote shifter. It's one of my favorites! Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. Just stopping by to say Hi! And that you have a new follower here! Hope to see you follow mine as well!

    Amber

    http://paradiseofpages.blogspot.com/2013/05/feature-and-follow-friday-favorite.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber, thanks for stopping by (and for the follow). I saw your review of Perks of Being a Wallflower. I haven't read the book, just watched the movie, but now I really want to read it. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  4. Robyn, I've been wanting to read this series :)

    My Follow Friday

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites! It's not flashy, but I love the characters so much. Thanks for stopping by. Here's to the weekend being so near!

      Delete
  5. I've been wanting to check out this series, so I couldn't read your post to avoid spoilers. >.<

    My FF Jennifer @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you didn't then even though that sounds weird to say. I really couldn't think of any moms. Now I have all these ideas. Grrh.

      Delete
  6. What a great pick!! And not one that I thought of. Probably because I haven't read quite that far yet. Have a fantastic Mother's Day Robyn :D You deserve it!! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure we'll have to compare notes on the Mortal Instruments movie. Previews are getting better and better. I hope for this movie they stand up to the hype they built. Thanks for the nice words. They hit the spot!

      Delete
  7. I haven't read River Marked, so I couldn't read your full entry (wouldn't want to spoil anything!). I'll have to check it out.

    I'm a new follower.
    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Awesome restraint. Since bloggging I cheat less and less when it comes to books I haven't read yet. You have an awesome blog. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Oh you sneaked a peek! This was such a tough pick for me this week. I bet if the question spanned TV and movies, I'd slow my blog down with the longest post ever! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick, Robyn. I haven't read RIver Marked, but I read the spoiler. Sounds like a good romance series. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Thanks for sharing! :)

    I didn't participate in this week's FF. I'd have to wait until next Friday.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kaykay! My only gripe with the series is that there isn't enough romance (but that is almost always my gripe). Briggs pushes for Urban Fantasy with her Mercy Thompson series. Moon Called is the first book. It's so very awesome.

      Have a great weekend! Happy reading right back at you!!

      Delete
  10. Oh, you're right! Mercy is awesome, and the way she is with Jesse is wonderful. You made a very wise choice this week, Robyn :)

    Thanks for stopping by over at (un)Conventional Bookviews to share the love this weekend :)

    I hope you'll have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be included in the popcorn and bad movies friend click. Mercy is so cool.

      Delete
  11. I haven't read the book but it sounds good. I am sad that I lost two Feature and Follow in a row but I'm away from home and it's difficult to keep up. :(
    I wish I can make it this Friday.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently went on a trip without my computer...sadness. I missed bouncing around my favorite blogs and I missed my own blog. I'll look out for you on the next FF.

      Delete
  12. Oh, a stepmom. It sounds like it changes the perspective of the evil stepmother we know from fairy tales lol. I know not all of them are mean, especially in real life. But still, it's interesting that you picked a stepmom for Mother's day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. My parents divorced when I was a kid and I'm the only kid I know that was happy about her parents splitting up. They weren't happy and I knew it at 5 years old. My stepmom was the right match for my dad. And she always knew my mom was my favorite person in the world. Of course she never baked me cookies like Mercy. Hmm.

      Delete