Friday, August 2, 2013

I'm moving. Ack!

Goodness, I'm moving in three weeks. I haven't started packing, mostly because I just decided to switch things up in my life. I'll be a busy girl, and I will need to find the strength to resist hopping online constantly. I'm also finally writing again. We'll see if I can write a first draft this summer like I planned.

To help me pack and think my way through the big change coming, I'm preparing a media blitz. 

Each week I'll be checking out a handful of movies from the library that don't require my full attention, but will help me keep things light and fun. 

This week I have...
I haven't seen this one...

Gotta love earth-invasion movies!

One of my favorite action movies where there is no bad guy.

I haven't seen this one, but it looks sweet.


That's it for movies. I need ideas for next week. I like romantic comedies and action. Suspense requires too much focus, so it wouldn't serve me well here.

Now for books...
I'm finishing up

I have this one waiting...

I have no idea what I'm in the mood for reading-wise. I've been starting and stopping a lot of reads lately. I'm past the frustrated stage. Grrh. Fire away if you have a good escapism suggestion!

Wish me luck, I suck at packing. I suck at change. But that's okay.

UPDATE: 8/4/13 My movie plan is a bust so far. Halfway through Battleship and 4 boxes packed the DVD stopped working. Ack! I put in Unstoppable. Guess what happened. I stopped all work. I love that movie so much I sat back and watched the whole thing without doing any work at all! I'm trying romantic comedies next.

4 comments:

  1. My best wishes goes to you as you move, Robyn. Great movie list, by the way. I've seen MIB3, Battleship and Unstoppable. Unstoppable is my favorite in the list. I still have the movie in my computer.

    I hope you enjoy reading The Dark Horse and Hooked. I still look forward to reading Craig Johnson novel.

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kaykay! Unstoppable is a favorite too. I forgot to add Avengers. I watched that again last night while I packed my books. Hooked has sports in it (tennis), so I think I'll like it.

      I hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Rom-Coms are some of my favorite movies, but I need an idea of which are your favorites that you've seen so far before I can offer up suggestions. Plus we watch a lot of the same things so I have an idea that most of the things I mention, you will already have seen ;) Let me know some of the ones you've seen and loved this year and I can help! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Pitch Perfect, Here Comes the Boom (have you seen that one with Zane-sooo funny), We Bought a Zoo, This Means War (one of my top favorites).

      Identity Theft and The Oranges will be waiting for me in the next couple weeks. And you know what else? Magic Bites and Halfway to the Grave will be ready next week. Yay! I packed up my favorite books last night. One day I'll set them out on a real bookshelf in a place I plan to stay a while.

      Delete