Tuesday, June 30, 2015

When life's kicking your butt, how about a theme song? [19] Teasing your favorite character!

July people! It's hot here, not Southwest hot or Midwest hot or east coast hot. Okay, it's not really hot unless you're a Pacific Northwesterner. Last time we had a summer like this, and I can remember vividly, my oldest was brand new to this world and I was so very lost. I'm not so lost anymore and the feeling, the feeling of distance and perspective and knowing what I've pushed past, well it's time for some fun!! I've been on a Fever Series reading bender. If you haven't dived into the world of Mac and Barrons by Karen Marie Moning and you like your urban fantasy on the unscrupulous side, what's keeping you? Pick up a book. Anyways, Barrons is beyond an Alpha male. He's an endless storm always free of human shackles like morals. He's not big on words though his actions require a very open mind to remain judge-free. After devouring seven books I heard Hugh Laurie's "You Don't Know My Mind" and I laughed the whole time imagining Barrons drunk crying in his beer or warm blood (whatever sauce he gluttons himself on). So here's my July pick. He'd kill me hard if I played it for him and told him "This is you, Barrons, you whiny baby!" Oh, by the way, you know who Hugh Laurie is right? House from the retired doctor show of the same name on Fox?

5 comments:

  1. Hey, Robyn! It is July now but it's not the summer as I know it here too. I made it to the sea though, Yep, three days there was nothing else, but sun, sea and tanning cream. It was amazing even if it was a bit cloudy and windy. Crazy summer!
    You know, I'm reading Fever series too, but I have two more books yet to finish. I still don't know anything about Barrons, but he's my new book boyfriend! I'll start Shadowfever soon enough cause I can't wait!

    Have a great month!

    Loved the song btw. Who knew that House could do that!:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made it to the sea! That is wonderful Athina. I think your time at the beach is a little different from mine if yours includes tanning cream. But one thing is the same I bet, true blue love of being near the water. Do you get waves at the beach you visit? Is it cold water? Tell me more! We play in the Pacific and most of the time it's blasting cold and the waves are so much fun to play in. It's a three hour drive each way to get there. Okay, sidetracked totally.

      Have you finished the Fever series yet? What do you think? I cannot wait to read the next one. I hope you get more sun and sea real soon Athina!!!

      Delete
    2. Hey, Robyn! it's been a while. Hmm, honestly I prefer when there are no waves, so I can swim in the clear waters and dive and explore the bottom of the sea.
      The waters are not that cold, but it depends on the beach. I need vacations soon!

      I'm still reading Fever series. I read Shadowfever now! It's good!Let's see how it ends ...

      Delete
  2. Omigosh!! I've just sat here and laughed and laughed and laughed...I can't believe you'd make fun of MY Barrons! *laughing again* Because that's pretty darn funny!! I'm so happy that you're in a better place for this heat wave, chickie, and I'm so very happy you've met Barrons. "free of human shackles like morals" <-- greatness! Thanks for making me smile this morning. I'm going to have to do some serious thinking about a song that would make fun of one of my favorite characters......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a little uncomfortable making fun of someone like Barrons, but I took one for the team. The song made me laugh when an image of Barrons popped in my head. I absolutely love him and he is not my type (book boyfriend-wise). I'm ready for my next reading bender.

      I can't wait to see what you come up with. I think I'll do a repeat of this because it is so much fun to tease these brutes we always read about and fawn over. I just had a thought to tease Antonio from T&A but no way.

      I hope your Sunday is full of reading and good family time!

      Delete